A dish of freshly cooked pasta – be it spaghetti, fettuccine or whatever – is definitely one that few people can resist, especially as a way to start your day. Although it’s possible to order one from the local restaurant, there are a lot of reasons to consider making your own dish of pasta at home. To do this, you need a high-quality pasta maker.
Nowadays, various models are available, and provided by many different brands. Hence, it is never a bad idea to check out the reviews of those who have experience using them before – in order to figure out the best pasta maker America’s Test Kitchen that is worth the investment. If you find yourself in such a situation, you are in the right place. Read on – and you shall find 9 of the top pasta makers we have picked based on our previous experience!
Reviews of Pasta Maker America’s Test Kitchen & Cook’s Illustrated
Here are top rated Pasta Maker in 2021
#1. Marcato Atlas Machine: Electric Pasta Maker America’s Test Kitchen & Cook’s Illustrated
Now, for those who crave for possessing the best electric pasta maker, Marcato is a brand that you can definitely trust in. This product of theirs is solidly constructed from heavy-duty stainless steel, which grants it amazing resistance against frequent usage. On top of that, the blade is made from carbon steel; hence, you are free to enjoy your favorite pasta as regularly as possible.
Versatility is another selling point worth mentioning – with a total of 9 adjustable dial settings, pasta maniacs are ensured that the final roll of pasta may be as thick as they find appropriate (from 2.5mm to even 0mm). Once you are done with it, the double-cutter can be removed for easy cleanup.
- Stainless chrome-plated steel material.
- Automatic operation mode.
- Attached motor for hands-free operation.
- 9 settings for unmatched versatility.
- The cutting wheel’s front can be replaced with accessories.
- Not dishwasher safe.
#2. Marcato Atlas 150: Manual Pasta Maker America’s Test Kitchen & Cook’s Illustrated
If you are one who prefers traditional cooking methods over utilizing modern electric appliances, then this one is something you should not miss – for it is among the best manual pasta makers available! And it’s from Marcato, too! Not only does it provide an elegant addition to your kitchen with its Italian-based design, but it also offers to satisfy your appetite for pasta. Whether it is lasagna, fettuccine or another type of pasta that you want, Marcato’s Atlas 150 should get you covered all!
Marcato Atlas 150’s main body is constructed from chrome-plated stainless steel, while the rollers are from aluminum alloy, and the scrapers from resin. This material combination results in a long-lasting, functional machine that promises to enrich your meals for the years to come. What’s more, its 10 thickness options grant users a lot of versatility – in fact, you can make high-quality pasta of up to 15 shapes with Marcato Atlas 150!
- High-quality material for great longevity.
- 10 thickness options for maximum versatility.
- Easy to assemble.
- Simple cleanup with either a brush or piece of cloth.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- The clamp included in the set is a little bit small.
#3. Kitchenaid KPRA Pasta Roller
KitchenAid Pasta Roller set is all made from high-quality, heavy-duty metal – and it consists of one pasta roller, one fettuccine cutter, and one linguine cutter. The pasta roller comes with 8 thickness settings; hence, it is a good fit for a variety of purposes – from making thick pastas such as egg noodles to thin ones such as linguini.
KitchenAid spaghetti cutter can be attached to another KitchenAid stand mixer’s power hub – so that you may have both hands free to better handle the pasta produced. Included within the set are a cleaning brush and a few toothpicks – which should be enough for you to prepare and enjoy your favorite dish of pasta on your own.
- Stainless steel material.
- Compatible with other stand mixers from KitchenAid.
- Easy cleanup.
- 1-year warranty policy.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- The recipes written in the manual included – well, just don’t rely on them!
- A little bit pricy.
#4. Philips Kitchen HR2357/05 Pasta Maker Plus
With a power capacity of 200W and 50Hz frequency, Philips Kitchen HR2357/05 is capable of delivering outstanding rolls of pasta/ noodles within as little as 10-15 minutes. And don’t try limiting your creativity – mix in a few more ingredients (egg, vegetables, juice…) and you are ready to enjoy an even more flavorful dish.
The pasta maker comes with 4 shaping discs, so you may prepare 4 different types of pasta (Spaghetti, Lasagne, Penne, Fettucini). The whole process is automatic, which should save you a lot of time – as well as make this a great tool for newbies. With Philips Kitchen HR2357/05, it’s time to enjoy home cooking as regularly as you wish!
- Fully automatic.
- Powerful capacity.
- 4 discs to make 4 different types of pasta.
- Easy cleanup thanks to the specifically designed cleaning equipment.
- Convenient storage drawer at the machine’ bottom.
- Free recipe book included.
- Somehow pricy.
- Sometimes, there may be a few “leftovers” inside the extrusion chamber.
#5. Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine
As an Italian-based product, Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine promises such quality that you will not mind the investment. Within one set, you will find a pasta machine, as well as one cutter, clamp, crank, along with some pieces of instructions for easier setup and usage.
Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine is suitable for making 3 different pasta shapes – including fettuccine , lasagne, , and tagliolini – as well as promises to deliver consistent results every time. Each dough can be rolled up to 15cm wide. On top of that, you can adjust it into a total of 10 thickness settings – from as thin as 0.6mm to as thick as 5mm. And not just pasta – in fact, with this machine, it’s perfectly possible to prepare other dishes such as unleavened bread, noodles, dumplings, and so on. Well, isn’t that enough to name it as one of the best pasta makers?
- High-quality aluminum component for extended longevity.
- Great versatility in terms of shapes and thickness.
- Easy cleanup using a brush or a piece of cloth.
- 10-year warranty policy.
- Not dishwasher safe.
- The handle is somehow flimsy and requires careful handling – or it may come out, especially when you’re rolling really fast.
#6. CucinaPro Pasta Maker Set
Another worthy option for those looking for the best manual pasta maker! Within this CucinaPro set, you can now enjoy the thrill of making your favorite type of noodles at home – be it Fettucine , Lasangette, Spaghetti, Ravioli, or Angel Hair. Thanks to the included 3 attachments, it’s time to let your passion with cooking fly! Not to mention, the set also conveniently provides users with additional accessories – including a hand crank, table camp and brush.
CucinaPro Pasta Maker is constructed from heavy-duty chrome-coated steel – which not only grants the whole thing amazing resistance against corrosion, but also ensures that the final product comes with the finest texture and flavor. Operation is pretty simple – just take advantage of the hand crank, and you can now get your pasta to just the right thickness within seconds!
- High-quality chrome-coated steel material for extended longevity.
- Can make a total of 5 pasta types.
- Easy to assemble.
- Hand crank can be used to get the right thickness.
- The crank handle may fall of sometimes – so it’s better to take it off once you are done with pasta making.
#7. iSiLER 150 Pasta Machine, 9 Adjustable Thickness Settings
Do you want the best budget pasta maker that does not comprise functionality? Get in here now, for iSiLer 150 is exactly what you are searching for! With this pasta machine, you may now enjoy tasty pasta meals while experiencing the comfort of staying home at the same time.
iSiLer 150 comes with 9 thickness settings, ranging from 0.01-0.1 inches. Hence, you are free to adjust your dough sheet as you find appropriate for your dish. On top of that, 2 width options are available (0.07 and 0.26 inches). This flexibility makes the machine a great purchase for those who love to have dishes of spaghetti, lasagna, fettuccini, etc. from time to time.
The cutter and roller are made from high-quality, non-toxic aluminum alloy, while the blade is from stainless steel. Therefore, iSiLer 150 is completely safe for your family’s health – as well as capable of lasting for long. Last but not least, the machine can be disassembled for easier cleanup.
- Food-grade, durable steel and aluminum alloy materials.
- Deliver consistent results.
- Automatic and manual operation modes available both.
- 9 thickness settings and 2 width options.
- Feature a clamp for better security.
- Easy to assemble/disassemble for cleanup.
- The crank is a little bit loose.
- There is a hole near where dough comes out – and dough tends to get stuck in there.
#8. Imperia Pasta Maker – Model 150
Imperia Pasta Maker is designed to be capable of making spaghetti, fettuccine , farfalle, and manyother dishes of pasta. Thanks to the 6-inch roller and double cutter head, you may adjust the thickness in order to produce both wide noodles and thin spaghetti. Not to mention, the bonus attachments grant even more flexibility, as they make it possible to better change the pasta shape as you wish.
The whole thing is constructed from solid chrome-plated steel; hence, you can be rest assured about its ability to last long and serve you well. Its ergonomic handle allows for effortless gripping and handling; while the adjustment dial helps in perfecting the final product. With Imperia Pasta Maker, pasta lovers can now enjoy their favorite dish – fresh and clean – whenever their appetite takes control!
- High-quality, heavy-duty chrome-plated steel material.
- 6-inch roller and double cutter for making spaghetti and fettuccini.
- Easy-lock dial.
- Ergonomic handle for a better user experience – as well as more consistent results.
- The dial is a little bit difficult to turn with only one hand.
#9. DNYSYSJ Electric Machine Dumpling
Let’s move on to the last – but not least – pick in our best pasta maker review. The main body of this machine (including the blade too) are made from high-quality stainless steel; hence, it is amazingly rust-resistant and does not require too many delicate maintenance efforts to last long. On top of that, the stainless steel finish also makes it a great kitchen accessory that will surely blend in with other appliances of yours.
The pasta maker does not require too much power to operate. Not to mention, it is designed with an overheat prevention feature, which guarantees complete safety and makes the product a great fit for domestic use. With a total of 6 gears, you can easily manipulate the thickness of the final dough – and produce whatever type of noodles you crave for.
- Stainless steel material for amazing resistance against rust.
- 6 thickness settings from 1.5-4mm.
- 135W motor.
- Overheat prevention feature for even more domestic safety.
- Can be disassembled for easy cleanup and storage.
- The edges are somehow sharp; hence, you should be more cautious while cleaning and handling this one.
Now that you have learned some of the best pasta makers, it’s time to consider a few important factors before making a decision:
- -Electric or manual: As you may have seen from the above analysis, pasta makers are divided into two categories – electric and manual. While the former is great for those who don’t have the time (and tenacity) to spend on cooking, the latter provides much more flexibility, as you may pause the process for a while to take a break – before resuming it later.
- -Cutters or dies: The former is ideal for cutting pasta sheets into strips – hence; they are ideal for dishes such as spaghetti, fettuccine and ravioli. On the other hand, the latter is wothy for tubular and shaped pastas such as rotini.
- Are pasta makers worth it?
For those who enjoy homemade pasta – as well as have plenty of time to take care of your own meals, a high-quality pasta maker is definitely worth the investment. With one, you may now enjoy your favorite spaghetti or other types of pasta FRESH and CLEAN, at its finest flavor, at any time you wish. Not to mention, fresh homemade pasta has been shown to be lower in calories – which makes pasta makers even more appealing to those who are watching their diets for the sake of their own health.
2. How do you make homemade pasta taste better?
Below are a few techniques you may utilize to produce delicious pasta at home – without adding too many ingredients.
- Avoid cooking pasta before making sauce. Instead, let it out for a few minutes in order for moisture to evaporate – now you will have a much drier and tougher dish.
- Add pasta in while boiling your sauce, and mix them continuously for about 2-3 minutes. This will help the pasta “absorb” the sauce better, as well as produce a creamy look that one will definitely be unable to resist.
- Make use of pasta cooking water.
- Only add cheese after the pasta has cooled off for about 20 seconds.
3. Why is my homemade pasta chewy?
Consider the type of flour you are using – and see whether if it is low or high in protein. A high-protein flour is often the cause of rubber pasta. For this reason, use a low-protein one instead.
And that is the end of our best pasta maker review. We hope that you will find the 7 picks listed above are worth the investment. As long as you have the time – and appetite, we assure you that it’s definitely a good idea to upgrade your kitchen essentials with a high-quality pasta machine. Well then, best of luck on your cooking journey!
- 1 Reviews of Pasta Maker America’s Test Kitchen & Cook’s Illustrated
- 1.1 #1. Marcato Atlas Machine: Electric Pasta Maker America’s Test Kitchen & Cook’s Illustrated
- 1.2 #2. Marcato Atlas 150: Manual Pasta Maker America’s Test Kitchen & Cook’s Illustrated
- 1.3 #3. Kitchenaid KPRA Pasta Roller
- 1.4 #4. Philips Kitchen HR2357/05 Pasta Maker Plus
- 1.5 #5. Marcato Atlas Pasta Machine
- 1.6 #6. CucinaPro Pasta Maker Set
- 1.7 #7. iSiLER 150 Pasta Machine, 9 Adjustable Thickness Settings
- 1.8 #8. Imperia Pasta Maker – Model 150
- 1.9 #9. DNYSYSJ Electric Machine Dumpling
- 2 Buying guide
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion