Are you a fan of fresh, homemade waffles? The crispy exterior, cakelike interior, the taste of fresh butter and syrup… there are many reasons to embrace the joy of making your own waffles at the beginning of the day! In order to make that dream come true, the first thing you need is a good waffle maker.
Nowadays, there are a variety of models to choose from – which may cause a lot of confusion for newbies. To make things easier for you, we have compiled this list – below, you will find 7 of the best waffle makers, along with some buying tips and advice on waffle making. Feeling interested? Let’s go!
In this post we'll cover:
- 1 Waffle Makers Americas Test Kitchen Reviews
- 1.1 #1. Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
- 1.2 #2. Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker
- 1.3 #3. Hamilton Beach 26009 Belgian Waffle Maker
- 1.4 #4. Dash DMW001AQ Mini Waffle Maker
- 1.5 #5. Cuisinart WMR-CA Classic Waffle Maker
- 1.6 #6. Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- 1.7 #7. DASH DNMWM400 Waffle Maker, 1200 Watt
- 2 Buying guide
- 3 FAQs
- 4 Conclusion
Waffle Makers Americas Test Kitchen Reviews
Here are top rated Waffle Makers in 2021
#1. Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
If you are looking for the best Belgian waffle maker, this would be a great option to start with. With Presto 03510 FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker, you can now make crispy, well-browned Belgian waffles on a regular basis with little effort.
Thanks to the indicator lights, it is pretty easy to keep track of the level of browning – and stop at just the right moment. On top of that, the machine also has a countdown timer – which is a special feature that most other waffle makers do not have. While it is recommended to cook for about 4 minutes, you may adjust the cooking time based on your own preference.
Presto 03510 waffle maker’s flip design makes it easier to batter to disperse evenly – as well as make it possible to store the machine upright, thereby saving storage space at the same time. Cleanup is pretty simple – the plates are nonstick and easy to wipe.
- Lightweight, yet durable.
- Rotating design for better cooking results and space saving.
- Countdown timer for bonus convenience.
- Light and sound indicators for easier tracking.
- Nonstick, easy-to-clean interior.
- The timer is not built-in and requires regular battery replacement.
#2. Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Waffle Maker
Cuisinart WAF-F20 Belgian waffle maker is designed to produce delicious waffles with crispy exterior and fluffy interior. Thanks to the double sides, you may now make two waffles simultaneously – within just less than 5 minutes! What’s more, the result is extremely consistent for both sides – no matter how many waffles have been made previously.
One more feature that is worth mentioning is the beep signal, which automatically alerts you when the waffles have been finished. This should save you a lot of time in order to do other stuffs – as well as prevent the risk of potential burns. Thanks to the nonstick coating, cleanup should no longer be too much of a hassle.
- Able to bake 2 waffles at the same time.
- Nonstick coating for effortless waffle release and cleanup.
- LED indicator lights and audio beep signals.
- Rotary function for even browning.
- Ergonomic handle.
- The exterior gets pretty hot while baking.
- The plates are un-detachable.
#3. Hamilton Beach 26009 Belgian Waffle Maker
Hamilton Beach 26009 Belgian Waffle Maker is a compact appliance that does not take up too much space, while at the same time making a highly elegant addition to any kitchen – thanks to its stainless steel look. On the other hand, the waffles it produces are not to be underestimated in terms of size.
The whole thing is pretty simple to operate. Unlike cheaper waffle makers that do not have an accurate heat setting slider, this one does, which makes it easy for users to control the level of browning and crispiness. For the price, Hamilton Beach 26009 is definitely one of the best waffle makers.
- Heavy-duty steel construction.
- Sleek style that blends in perfectly with any kitchen.
- Easy to use, clean and store vertically.
- Indicator lights that signal the time to add batter.
- Shade settings for better control of the level of browning.
- The plates are not removable, which may cause some difficulties while cleaning.
#4. Dash DMW001AQ Mini Waffle Maker
For those who would like to make mini waffles (the size of which is about 4 inches) for their breakfast or dessert, this waffle maker from Dash is the perfect choice. The way it operates is pretty simple – all you have to do is plugging it in in order to turn it on. What’s more, an indicator light is available to signal if it is preheated or not.
Dash DMW001AQ Mini Waffle Maker comes with a manual – in which different recipes are presented for you to try out. With a total of 10 color options, you have a lot of freedom in terms of styling your kitchen with this little machine. The trendy colors, in combination with the sleek design, make this a perfect gift choice for your loved ones!
- Suitable for making waffles, paninis, biscuit pizzas, and many more!
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Easy to use.
- Nonstick coating for consistent cooking results and easy cleanup.
- 1-year warranty policy.
- The plates are not removable.
#5. Cuisinart WMR-CA Classic Waffle Maker
Cuisinart WMR-CA Classic Waffle Maker provides a reliable method of producing fresh, tasty waffles. It comes with a manual – in which 5 recipes of Cuisinart are included for references. The machine is designed with 5 browning control settings, which are adjustable via pressing the sliding lever. On top of that, it also has some indicator lights to let you better keep track of the amount of browning.
Although the machine’s exterior will get hot while cooking, the handle is not affected – hence, you will be able to handle it pretty safely. Its slim, compact design makes Cuisinart WMR-CA a perfect addition to one’s kitchen – and it can be stored upright to save space too.
- High-quality, food-grade materials.
- 5 browning control settings and indicator lights for consistent results.
- Nonstick plates.
- 3-year warranty policy.
- There is no sound indicator, so you should monitor it closely to avoid the risk of burns.
#6. Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
Hamilton Beach 26030 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker is a great tool to produce consistently crispy Belgian waffles that still retain a fluffy interior. Thanks to the flipping design, you can be assured that both the top and bottom are browned to the same level.
The waffle maker comes with 3 browning settings and ready indicator lights, which enable users to adjust the amount of browning as they wish and better keep track of the cooking process. After you are done with cooking, cleanup should not be too problematic – the plates and drip tray are nonstick, removable for cleaning, and dishwasher safe.
- Stainless steel finish that adds a modern look to your kitchen.
- Flipping design for consistent results.
- 3 browning settings and indicator lights for more cooking convenience.
- Plates are removable for easy cleanup.
- Dishwasher safe.
- No waffle recipe is included.
- Can only make one waffle at a time.
#7. DASH DNMWM400 Waffle Maker, 1200 Watt
Let’s move on to the last – yet not least pick in our best waffle maker review. This one from Dash is the perfect preparation tool for a delicious family breakfast – it is capable of making 4 portions of waffle at the same time. Just a few minutes, and then you will have a full breakfast for a family of four.
DASH DNMWM400 Waffle Maker’s use is not only limited to waffles – instead, let your passion for cooking fly by trying it to make paninis, biscuit pizzas, and many more. Thanks to the built-in pocket, any excess batter will be captured, thereby prevent any annoying leakage. Not to mention, the nonslip feet and nonstick plates make operation much simpler – as well as allow for easier cleanup.
- Nonstick plates for easy cleanup.
- Built-in pocket to prevent overflowing and spilling.
- 1-year warranty policy.
- The plates are not removable.
Now that we have been through the best waffle maker review part, it’s time to consider a few important factors before setting out to buy one.
- Belgian or not: Ask yourself this question: Do you identify yourself as more on the classic or on the adventurous side? If the former is the answer, pick a regular waffle maker that you find appropriate in terms of shape and thickness. Otherwise, if you would like to let your creativity fly, a larger Belgian waffle maker is the way to go.
- Size: Once you have settled with the first choice, it’s time to choose the size for your waffle maker. Overall, this depends on how many waffles you would like to make at one time – one, two, three, or four.
- Cooking time: Generally, more expensive waffle makers come with adjustable shade settings, while cheaper models will require the use of a different timer.
- Bonus features: Some waffle makers are designed with special features – for example, a rotary function that enable waffles to be flipped over for even browning, or a brown control function that allows users to select the level of browning they wish. Other features worth mentioning include no-drip feature, interchangeable plates, and so on.
- What is the difference between a Belgian waffle and a regular waffle?
Belgian waffles are characterized by deeper pockets, which enable them to hold lots of butter/ syrup – as well as a fluffy interior and a crispier texture.
2. Is it important to flip the iron while making waffles?
Many people suggest using a flappable waffle iron. The reason is simple: faster cooking. As the iron is flipped, batter will then move to the bottom, thereby allowing for quicker heating.
A waffle maker is a nice kitchen gadget – however, finding a good one is not a simple task. Over the years, we have evaluated various models in terms of cooking result, consistency, how simple it is to operate, heat settings, indicators, etc. In the end, we have come up with this best waffle maker list – all of the options included are sure to satisfy even the most selective user. Well, what are you waiting for? Pick one – and let your passion for waffles fly!